Operations Manager • LDSPPA
The Latter-day Saint Publishing Professionals Association (LDSPPA) is seeking an operations manager to assist the board of directors and support the organization. This person will act as the central point of contact for all LDSPPA members and board members, coordinate board meetings and agendas, keep detailed records, and assist all LDSPPA committees as needed. This is a paid position and can be done remotely.
Responsibilities may include:
- Be the go-to person for all things LDSPPA
- Organize and attend all monthly board meeting conference calls, prepare and distribute agendas to board members, and take detailed meeting minutes
- Attend monthly Roundtable conference calls and take notes
- Answer email, social media, and website queries
- Maintain job and resource boards for LDSPPA members
- Be in charge of internal LDSPPA board platforms, such as Gmail, Slack, and Dropbox
- Assist the president, vice president, and committees as needed (often the communications and membership committees)
- Contribute ideas for improving the association
- Support LDSPPA however you can, such as attending LDSPPA events, joining in board initiatives, recruiting members, and engaging on social media
- Know everything there is to know about LDSPPA
The ideal candidate will have the following characteristics:
- Strong skills in organization, communication, record keeping, time management, and project management
- Interest in publishing
- Skills in editing, writing, design, and/or marketing
- Good interpersonal skills and friendly, helpful demeanor to interface with LDSPPA members, prospective members, and board members
- Comfort with technology, especially social media and programs such as WordPress, conference calling services, and Slack
We would like the new operations manager to start by mid-September, sooner if possible. The operations manager will earn $18/hour and will work about 5–15 hours per month (sometimes up to 20 hours per month, such as during the month leading up to the annual conference).
To apply, email a resume and cover letter to Caroline Larsen at email@example.com by August 12, 2017.