DescriptionNACS, the global association that advances convenience and fuel retailing, is looking for an experienced Editor in Chief to lead its award-winning NACS Magazine and digital platforms as a key player of the NACS Media Group. This position has a strong voice in guiding content for all NACS media and member communication platforms. This high-performing, highly productive individual will be a public face and advocate for NACS among its membership.
- Lead content creation for NACS Magazine, to include monthly article assignments to freelance writers, substantive editing of articles, and quality control.
- Responsible for attracting, developing and retaining freelance editorial talent and sustaining good relationships with freelancers.
- Grow digital platforms (NACSMagazine.com and NACS Magazine App) with new multimedia content.
- Maintain and grow sponsored/branded content offers.
- Write articles for the magazine as needed.
- Collaborate with editorial and IT teams to direct and keep current the editorial content for the association’s website, Convenience.org.
- Participate in developing social media strategy and postings for NACS platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn).
- Lead regular editorial meetings with editorial staff and other departments.
- Collaborate with editorial team and design partner to develop art concepts for cover and feature articles.
- Setting the editorial course over short, medium and long terms for NACS Magazine and other media platforms.
- Working with advertising and IT teams, ensuring an overall view is taken of digital and financial opportunities and challenges.
- Work to position NACS content across global markets.
- Identify trending topics and connections across the organization and the industry.
- Manage ongoing development and performance of editorial and circulation staff (deputy editor, production manager and managing editor).
- Manage editorial budget.
- Attend 4-5 NACS events throughout the year, coordinating onsite reporting and assisting as needed.
- Manage audience development for NACS through magazine circulation efforts.
- Identify and track relevant metrics for the magazine’s digital platforms.
Education and Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in editorial leadership
- Proven experience building teams and managing a small or large staff
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree a plus
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills and proven ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams; excellent leadership qualities
- Ability to work on a high-performing team in a collaborative environment
- Effective judgment and decision-making
- Organized, proactively independent, and detail-oriented
- Expert in managing time and completing the given task within the decided time frame
- Creative and innovative
- Ability to handle stress and work efficiently even under pressure
- Make editorial decisions with reasonable speed and communicating them in a clear and constructive manner
To apply, please refer to original posting here.