Bloomberg BNA provides legal, tax and compliance professionals with critical information, practical guidance and workflow solutions. We leverage leading technology and a global network of experts to deliver a unique combination of news and authoritative analysis, comprehensive research solutions, innovative practice tools, and proprietary business data and analytics. Bloomberg BNA is an affiliate of Bloomberg L.P., the global business, financial information and news leader.
Bloomberg BNA seeks a Senior Legal Editor to perform complex legal analysis and legal writing about employee benefits; help the managing editor to determine and coordinate scope of coverage; and review and copy edit work of less experienced legal editors.
Employees of this classification perform most of the following, as assigned:
- Screen cases, legislation, regulations and other legal developments; analyze issues; edit, report, research, update and/or write legal content. Develop and maintain sources and professional contacts in the government and private sectors.
- Participate in production of unit’s publication(s).
- Develop and maintain knowledge of issues in relevant legal fields.
- Act as back-up to the managing editor.
- Coach less experienced editors.
- Serve as resource for others contributing to same or related news area.
- Help coordinate coverage.
- Assist managing editor with the identification and recruitment of potential outside authors.
- Communicate with outside authors regarding content preparation through meetings and written and verbal correspondence.
- Stay abreast of and effectively use electronic resources and other tools to perform the job effectively.
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
3+ years’ experience in journalism, legal, or business publishing, including reporting, writing, and substantive copy editing of complex content; knowledge of subjects covered by assigned products, including issues, trends, and target markets; understanding of publishing systems and workflows; outstanding editing and copy editing skills; ability to work with copy on complex subjects; excellent writing, reporting, and research skills; knowledge of government and regulatory processes; ability, with training, to work with data analytics and data-driving journalism; demonstrated organizational and project management skills, including the ability to use resources and staff effectively with established schedules, and other guidelines; excellent interpersonal skills to deal with customers, staff, and other contacts inside and outside Bloomberg BNA; ability to work effectively as a member of a team under deadline pressure on multiple projects with shifting priorities; Juris Doctor. Relevant coursework and/or experience preferred.
Candidates may be required to pass a test for this position.
Bloomberg BNA is an affiliate of Bloomberg L.P., the global business, financial information and news leader. Its network of more than 2,500 reporters, correspondents, and leading practitioners delivers expert analysis, news, practice tools, and guidance — the information that matters most to professionals. Bloomberg BNA’s authoritative coverage spans the full range of legal practice areas, including tax & accounting, labor & employment, intellectual property, banking & securities, employee benefits, health care, privacy & security, human resources, and environment, health & safety.
Bloomberg BNA offers a comprehensive benefits package including tuition reimbursement, domestic partner benefits, transportation subsidies, annual and sick leave, parenting leave, 401(k), and much more.
Bloomberg BNA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. Bloomberg BNA has adopted an Affirmative Action Program to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, genetic information, disabled veteran, veteran, veteran of the Vietnam Era, or any other classification protected by law.
To apply, please refer to original post here.
Arlington, VA (BBNA Headquarters)Full time